[MPlayer-users] -brightness 0 too bright in directx

Pepe rvm3000 at ya.com
Tue Feb 20 19:01:21 CET 2007

Another problem I've found when developing smplayer. My program saves the
settings of every video (subtitles selected, audio track... but also the
contrast, brightness... of the image).

There's a problem when using directx (tested with rc1.0 and svn r22104). The
default value for brightness (0) is too bright. When mplayer runs (without
-brightness option) the brightness is more or less normal. But if the user
tries to adjust it a little bit (keys 3-4) then suddenly the image turns much
bright than it should. So much that I have to set the brightness to -70 or
-80 so I can see again the image with the right brightness.

This doesn't happen with directx:noaccel or if I use the eq2 filter. gl/gl2
also doesn't have this problem.

Could this be fixed?

--
Pepe