[MPlayer-users] gl/g2 don't work well with -wid in windows

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Feb 20 19:09:03 CET 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 06:19:06PM +0100, Pepe wrote:
[...]
> Compiling mplayer in Windows is very very hard, but finally I managed to do it
> and I could test your patch.

I could have uploaded mine if I had known it. Once everything is set up
compiling IMO is very simple, so I hardly ever notice the hassle.

> Now it works better. When I resize the window, the video resizes too, but
> sometimes some strange lines or blocks appear on the borders. Screenshots:
> http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/cec4303053.jpg
> http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/125db2d553.jpg

directx seems to draw over the whole window, including title bar and
borders as long as they have the right color. gl will only draw on the
client rectangle. Maybe that is the issue? IIRC you use a normal window
with borders and everything embedded into your window and hidden or so?

> The big problem is when I maximize the window (or go to fullscreen):
> http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/0bc708d6bc.jpg

Fullscreen with directx is a hack, it uses it's own window if you use
vo_fullscreen command.
For gl, except for a possible bug, the fullscreen command should have no
effect at all.
You could try not sending the command and making sure your client window
gets correctly sized on fullscreen.
Note also that leaving borders for aspect is currently not supported in
-vo gl with -wid. Shouldn't be hard, the most difficult part being to
come up with a sane behaviour.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger