[MPlayer-users] bug report: flash video (flv) video is out of sync

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 08:10:04 CET 2007

Hi,

On 2/21/07, Robert La Ferla <robertlaferla at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Feb 20, 2007, at 12:32 AM, Rashkae wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 22:47 -0500, Robert La Ferla wrote:
> >> When trying to playback some FLV (flash video) files, the video plays
> >> at a much faster rate than the audio (which plays at normal speed.)
> >> This at least occurs on Mac OS X 10.4 (Intel) but I have yet to try
> >> it on other platforms.
> >
> > Courtesy of Reimar Döffinger
> >
> > -mc 10 at least improves it, -correct-pts fixes it.
> >
> > My version of mplayer doesn't have a -correct-pts, but I can confirm
> > that -mc 10 -delay .2 works well for me all around.
>

> -correct-pts did the trick.  What does it do?  I couldn't find any
> reference to it in the man page.

If you have the latest revision of the man page, you should see it.
It's been added some month ago.

       -correct-pts (experimental)
              Switches  MPlayer  to  an experimental mode where timestamps for
              video frames are calculated differently and video filters  which
              add  new  frames  or modify timestamps of existing ones are sup-
              ported.  The more accurate timestamps can be visible for example
              when  playing subtitles timed to scene changes with the -ass op-
              tion.  Without -correct-pts the subtitle timing  will  typically
              be off by some frames.  This option does not work correctly with
              some demuxers and codecs.

Guillaume