[MPlayer-users] dvdnav:// causes error "too many audio files"

Milan Vancura milan at ucw.cz
Wed Feb 21 14:16:22 CET 2007

Hello all,

if I try to play DVD via dvdnav:// I get a first image, then immediately the
screeen starts blinking for several seconds (2-3) and then mplayer dies with an
error "too many audio packets". The version used: mplayer 1.0rc1
I've tried to change audio and video drivers (oss vs. alsa, xv vs. vidix) and
nothing changed.

This scenario stays the same with all but one DVD I have, but I can't any
mention of this error in the list archive - am I alone with that? Can you
please tell me what can be wrong? Is it my bad usage (that anyone other didn't
reported this error before) or known bug or not supported dvdnav in mplayer?

Thank you,

Milan Vancura