[MPlayer-users] Detecting erros

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 22 23:33:45 CET 2007

Sean Montague wrote:

>I have an mov file that has problems. This is OK. My problem is that
>mencoder will try to convert, create the flv I want, but fail part way into
>the process. This is automated. I need to know when it fails. Right now, it
>just aborts and leaves a corrupted file on the server. Thanks.
>
>--

Maybe there is a more elegant way, but...

When MEncoder reaches the end it displays something like:

Flushing video frames.
Writing index...

Overhead: 3.961% (12032278 / 303734506)
Writing header...

Video stream: 1582.198 kbit/s  (197774 B/s)  size: 270867658 bytes  1369.577
sec
s  32838 frames

Audio stream:  192.000 kbit/s  (23999 B/s)  size: 32871168 bytes  1369.632
secs

You will know it crashed if you don't find these lines in the output.