[MPlayer-users] Help with stuttering problem

larrystotler at netscape.net larrystotler at netscape.net
Tue Feb 27 05:08:39 CET 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: rcooley at spamcop.net

>Perhaps DMA is disabled for your hard drive?
>Lots more info is needed for any kind of a guess.

DMA is enabled.  I've tried playing a video through nfs, which I do
regularly, as well as on the hard drive.  I've tried a dvd iso, MPEG2,
as well as XviD and x264 encoded movies.

I just set up a Dell GX1 with a P3/500, 160MB RAM, onboard ATI Rage
Pro, and I'm able to play an xvid over the network with no stuttering
using today's svn pull of mplayer and all of the same files I used for
the codecs.  It's really weird.  I've tried different sound cards,
different network cards, different video cards, different RAM, etc.
Other than swapping out the processor and motherboard, which I don't
have of this type, I'm stuck.  Oh well, maybe it's a linux driver
issue.  The processor isn't overclocked either......I dunno.

Thanx for the suggestion....