[MPlayer-users] Re: RTSP audio doesn't work

Paulus Esterhazy pesterhazy at gmx.net
Wed Feb 28 00:04:24 CET 2007

Roberto Togni schrieb:
> There are 2 problems in this stream:
>
> - there are 3 streams (audio, video and a short text), but MPlayer can
> only work with two (SETUP is done only for stream id 0 and 1, while
> subscribe is done for all 3 streams; moreover the rdt code uses only
> one bit for stream id). this should be fixed in the patch
>
> - stream id 2 (the text) is very short, and when it's over it sends an
> eof rdt message. MPlayer quits on this eof, even if stream 0 and 1 are
> still playing. the patch attemps to quit only when stream 0 reaches
> eof, but it's still buggy; the right solution is probably to quit only
> when all streams got an eof. Also the rdt code was not written to
> continue reading after the eof packet, and assume a lot of things that
> are true only for 2 streams with some latency report packets in them
> (the 9 bytes skipped). I'm rewriting most of the rdt parser, but it
> will take some time.
>
> Attached patch makes it work, but breaks other stuff (eof is still
> broken, so you have to wait timeout before you get eof).

Thanks Roberto. The patch works for listening to the stream for me, too.
Saving the audio (-dumpaudio) doesn't, however, because the dumped file
isn't playable even w/ mplayer. I guess this is related to the other
broken stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing the rewritten parser, if you
get around to it.

Thanks again, keep up the great work
Paulus