[MPlayer-users] Compiling MPlayer fails

ajaxas ajaxas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 19:31:25 CET 2007

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:28:10 +0100
Gianluca Fiore <forod.g at gmail.com> wrote:

> You were right, not enabling xvid explicitly let mplayer compiling well.
> Thanks.
> May I ask why this kind of behaviour? I'm a long time cvs/svn mplayer
> user and for many years enabling options from the configure script was
> *ok*. Now why isn't so anymore?

Well, read The Wanderer, and also read ./configure --help:

"This configure script is NOT autoconf-based, even though its output is similar.
It will try to autodetect all configuration options. If you --enable an option
it will be forcefully turned on, skipping autodetection. This can break
compilation, so you need to know what you are doing."

That's it.

--
ajaxas <ajaxas at gmail.com>