[MPlayer-users] Re: Problem playing certain files through xv

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 15:34:20 CET 2007

On 1/1/07, Dirk Meyer <dischi at tzi.de> wrote:
> "Jeremy Hansen" wrote:
> > Intel 855 with up to 64MB of shared memory
> > dri enabled
> >
> > *** [vo] Allocating mp_image_t, 1280x720x12bpp YUV planar, 1382400 bytes
> > Unicode font: 1169 glyphs.
> > [xv] dx: 0 dy: 0 dw: 1280 dh: 720
> > X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)?,?% 0 0 95%
> > Type: 0, display: 0x89738d8, resourceid: 4c, serial: 72
> > Error code: b, request code: 8b, minor code: 13
>
> I had the same problem with DH content. Somewhere in the xorg mailing
> list is a posting saying this is a xorg bug and that setting
> CacheLines solves the problem. I have no clue why, but now the
> follwing in the xorg.conf works for me:
>
> | Section "Device"
> |         Option      "CacheLines"                "1980"
> |         Option      "DRI"                       "True"
> |         Option      "PageFlip"                  "True"
> |         Identifier  "Card0"
> |         Driver      "i810"
> |         VendorName  "Intel Corporation"
> |         BoardName   "945G/GZ Express Integrated Graphics Controller"
> |         BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
> | EndSection

Well that worked. Now I can play the above video without issue. In
reading the man page it specifies the amount of memory to reserve for
2D. I guess my question is does this raise it or lower it from the
default xorg sets.

I would still be interested to hear what people have to say about my
xorg in my previous reply. Is it actually using all 64MB or is there
something more that my many hours of google searching hasn't found.

Jeremy