[MPlayer-users] Moving the video window in slave mode?

Sam Hatoum sam at hatoum.net
Mon Jan 8 13:00:57 CET 2007

Thanks for the quick response. It's given me an idea, but not a
solution!

My software aims to be a skinnable x-platform player that uses a Flash
as the presentation layer, and Java as the broker, which controls
mplayer.

Within Flash, an area is defined as a rectangle, which mplayer displays
its borderless video on-top, and provides buttons to control the player.
This part works great with Windows, and I (perhaps stupidly) assumed I'd
be able to do the same for Linux/Mac.

My goal is to be able to render a frameless window, be able to un/set it
to always-on-top, and to be able to dynamically move/resize it on all
platforms (mac, win, lin). Any ideas how I can pull this off?

Many thanks!

Sam