[MPlayer-users] I can see only a quarter of the screen!

Fabio S. fast at ferrara.linux.it
Tue Jan 9 07:03:22 CET 2007

>> I have a strange problem. I made (as usual) some videoclips with my sanyo
>> xanti c5. It outputs clips in quicktime format which are 640x480.
>> Well, I downloaded them on my pc and looking at them they are recognized
>> as 320x240, so that I can see only the upper left quadrant of the movie.
>
> That's a known problem with the native quicktime demuxer. Use '-demuxer
> lavf' for those files.

Thanks a lot: now it works.

One more small question: I usually reencode that clips with mencoder in
order to watch them on tv by the dvd player. The reencoded file still has
the same problem even with the option "-demuxer lavf".
I guess I should use this option duringe reencoding also, isn't it?

I ask this because usually I don't see the clips on the pc and just look
at them on the player, so up to now I never noticed the problem...

Thanks

Fabio