[MPlayer-users] mplayer.c uncompilable on Linux!!!

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Jan 9 13:17:42 CET 2007

Don't hijack threads by just changing the Subject line of a reply.
Create a new thread with a message which is not a reply.

mslama at email.cz wrote:
> This change added MP_TITLE to mplayer.c but there is no
> declaretion/definition for MP_TITLE.
>
> http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/mplayer.c?view=diff&r1=21779&r2=21780
> from 28 Dec 2006.

No, MP_TITLE *is* defined, via version.sh which creates version.h.
Certainly MPlayer compiles under Linux; I compiled it less than a week
ago, and the active developers compile it daily if not more often. Have
you run 'make distclean' before recompiling?

> Workaround is simple just replace MP_TITLE with string. Originator
> should fix this change.

Rejected. MP_TITLE is supposed to be a generated string, whose value
cannot be determined before compile time. Hardcoding it is unacceptable.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.