[MPlayer-users] Doubt about stop-xscreensaver

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph at list.ru
Thu Jan 11 04:53:58 CET 2007

On 11 Jan 2007 06:22 Salatiel Filho wrote:
> Well , i was not used to use xscreensaver but now i need lock
> features , so to avoid screensaver shows up during the play i
> use mplayer -stop-xscreensaver.
> The problem is that mplayer takes almost fifteen seconds to
> start when i use that option, showing in the console:
>
> xscreensaver_disable: xscreensaver wid=71303169.
>
> This delay is really annoying. Am i forgetting something or this
> is the normal behavior ?

It is not normal behaviour, and it is not confitmed in general. I'm
using mplayer-r21838 and xscreensaver-4.21. With
-stop-xscreensaver everything is ok. It's your system issue.

What versions of mplayer and xscreensaver do you use? Try to
upgrade. Also try to run mplayer in debug mode or under strace
(the best IMO) to figure out what happens during this delay.