Re: [MPlayer-users] No video on Edgy Kubuntu AMD64 Nvidia

mslama at email.cz mslama at email.cz
Fri Jan 12 11:25:00 CET 2007

Do you use nv or nvidia driver? I had the same problem with nv driver - mplayer configure did not find any valid video output. Then I changed to nvidia (after some strugle I made latest nvidia driver from nvidia.com work and then I reconfigured mplayer and now I have following from -vo help:
CPU: AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 152 (Family: 15, Model: 39, Stepping: 1)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE SSE2
Available video output drivers:
        x11     X11 ( XImage/Shm )
        xover   General X11 driver for overlay capable video output drivers
        gl      X11 (OpenGL)
        gl2     X11 (OpenGL) - multiple textures version
        sdl     SDL YUV/RGB/BGR renderer (SDL v1.1.7+ only!)
        fbdev   Framebuffer Device
        fbdev2  Framebuffer Device
        xvidix  X11 (VIDIX)
        cvidix  console VIDIX
        null    Null video output
        mpegpes Mpeg-PES to DVB card
        yuv4mpeg        yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools
        png     PNG file
        tga     Targa output
        pnm     PPM/PGM/PGMYUV file
        md5sum  md5sum of each frame