[MPlayer-users] mplayer build fails with --enable-profile option

Suzan Dsouza suzanby2k3 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 12 14:32:41 CET 2007

Hi,

 When I compile it without the "--enable-profile" option, it compiles fine. It only gives error when
  I sepcify this option.

 If I open cabac.h and check that line, its an inline assembly coding. From the error it seems that
 it has shortage of general purpose registers like eax, ebx, etc. while compiling it for profiling.
 The profiling is acutally enabled by passing "-p" option to gcc.

 Also I would like to give my system information, its "FC5" and Intel p4 machine.
 The player version I was trying is "MPlayer-1.0rc1".

 Thanks for ur reply

 Suzan