[Mplayer-users] Question about rm/rmvb

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp
Fri Jan 12 15:24:06 CET 2007

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : [Mplayer-users] Question about rm/rmvb
  Date & Time: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 21:37:54 +0800

[Simon] == "Simon Yan" <simonyanix at gmail.com> has written:

Simon>  How to configure mplayer to enable decoding rm/rmvb files?

If you have installed codecs files, configure script do autodetect them.

Simon>  I know ./configure should detect my configures automaticly but while I try
Simon> to play rm file, mplayer crashed.

Simon> ==========================================================================
Simon> Requested video codec family [rv3040] (vfm=realvid) not available.
Simon> Enable it at compilation.
Simon> Requested video codec family [rv40] (vfm=realvid) not available.
Simon> Enable it at compilation.
Simon> Requested video codec family [rv40win] (vfm=realvid) not available.
Simon> Enable it at compilation.
Simon> Requested video codec family [rv40mac] (vfm=realvid) not available.
Simon> Enable it at compilation.
Simon> Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x30345652.
Simon> Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

You didn't install real codecs at all.

And, try with svn.

Regards,