[MPlayer-users] Re: A mysterious one time glitch from a Digital broadcast

Carl Weidling cphilw at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 03:20:06 CET 2007

> Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 23:36:23 +0100
> From: Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Re: A mysterious one time glitch from a
>         Digital broadcast
> To: "MPlayer usage questions, feature requests, bug reports"
>         <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
>
> Carl Weidling wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure I know what you mean by uploading, or how to do it.
>
> trasfering that sample via ftp to
> ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/
> (tell us the name of the file, please)
>
> > Do you
> > mean mail it to the list as an attachment?  (In that case, why post a
> > filename?)
> > -Carl
>
> And please, don't top post

Hi,

Well,  I ftp'd, logged in as anonymous, cd to the MPlayer/incoming directory
and did a put
of PerryMasonBlindMansBluff.mpg:
      ftp> cd incoming
      250 Directory successfully changed.
      ftp> ls
     200 PORT command successful. Consider using PASV.
     150 Here comes the directory listing.
     226 Transfer done (but failed to open directory).
     ftp> put PerryMasonBlindMansBluff.mpg
PerryMasonBlindMansBluff.mpg
     200 PORT command successful. Consider using PASV.
     150 Ok to send data.
     226 File receive OK.
     10485760 bytes sent in 265 secs (39 Kbytes/sec)
     ftp> ls
     200 PORT command successful. Consider using PASV.
     150 Here comes the directory listing.
     226 Transfer done (but failed to open directory).
     ftp>

So, it said it took it as PerryMasonblindMansBluff.mpg, 10MB (clipped from
the beginning of the
original file using dd).  But I could not see it there.  Can you find it?
(I don't know what "using PASV"
means.)