[MPlayer-users] Re: ??

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri Jan 19 08:30:31 CET 2007

On Thursday, 18 January 2007 at 16:20, Yang wrote:
> But from the doc, I can not use Mencoder, there is not the explication for
> intallation.
> We used the command
> ln -s /usr/ ../mplayer /usr/../mencoder
> But the -oac -ovc -of ... are always unknown option.
> Our system is Debian.

mencoder is NOT the same binary as mplayer, so you cannot just make
a link to mplayer and hope it will somehow work. If you compiled it yourself,
it should get installed after make install unless you disabled it explicitly.
If it came in a package, then mencoder is probably packaged separately and
you need to install it separately, too.

Regards,
R.

--