[MPlayer-users] Distortion when encoding to flv from digicam-vids

video at mtb-channel.net video at mtb-channel.net
Sun Jan 21 19:25:32 CET 2007

hi all,

we see the members of our website uploading videos directly from their digicam - but unfortunaltey there are always strange distortions in the flv-output. you can have an example here:
http://www.mtb-channel.net/23165/
this effect does not appear, when encoding i.e. movs or other avi-files, as you can see here:
http://www.mtb-channel.net/23053/

we use this shellscript to encode:
mencoder $1 -o $2 -of lavf -lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56  -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=800:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3 -srate 22050 -vf spp,scale

followed by a call to flvtool2.

i would be very happy, if anyone could help me to fix this problem, as one can\'t really watch those digicam-videos because of the distortion.

best

Wolfgang