[MPlayer-users] Question about compiling from within Windows XP

Chris Stratton cs11102 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 23:32:19 CET 2007

--- Henry Garcia <defsyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> You'll have to write a HOWTO for me! I can't wait.
>
> What do you mean "I tried building the MingW tree on
> cygwin"?

I mean that I untarred the MinGW build tree, and just
typed ./configure and then make to see what would
happen.

It failed part way through the audio codecs when it
couldn't resolve llrint.  I patched it to fix that,
and it built a cygwin-dll-dependent version of
mplayer.

I briefly tried modifying the Makefile to build with
-mno-cygiwn but decided it was simpler to just install
the MinGW environement in order to build MinGW
binaries.

Had I really wanted to build cygwin dependent
binaries, I should of course gotten the cygwin build
tree, instead it was just a temporary stage.