[MPlayer-users] Saving Streaming Content with mplayer

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Jan 25 02:19:46 CET 2007

Nico Sabbi wrote:

> Meryl Silverburgh wrote:
>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> From here, it said I should see a file name 'stream.asf', but I
>> cant' find that file. Does it get rename to something else?
>>
>> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/streaming.html
>
> renaming the file may be ok, but it doesn't convert it from format
> mov to format asf (and it may lead to troubles when playing it)

I think you're missing (his?) point. He's not complaining that the
output file isn't ASF (although he might have done that later); he's
complaining that the after the dump, there does not seem to be a file
with the name he specified with -dumpfile.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.