[MPlayer-users] MPlayer compilation under Mac OS X

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 20:06:41 CET 2007

> [I would have liked to leave mp3lib enabled. but I was getting errors
> with that.]

look for the lame source on the internet. Compile and install it. Enable
building the lame libraries. Running configure with mplayer should find your
mp3 libraries after this.

Here's the last few lines of the building process when it fails:
> /libvorbisidec.a  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lfreetype
> /usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lx264

You need to download the x264  sources  and compile and install them.
./configure --enable-pthread  Use pthread if you have a dual cpu.
Instructions for downloading the source code should be found on mplayerhq.hu
Then you can mencode  with more than one thread with the x264 encoder.

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [mplayer] Error 1
>
> I've also tried using the latest MPlayer SVN, but I experienced
> various other problems while making, therefore I reverted back to the
> 1.0rc1 which is perhaps a bit less 'cutting edge.'

Cutting edge should be fine. Should work , if you fix the above problems.

Can anybody point me in the right direction in getting this thing to
> build?

I suppose.

-Galen