[MPlayer-users] CoreAVC codec's current status (fixme please)

Andrew prawdziwy at bolekilolek.org
Mon Jul 2 16:13:23 CEST 2007

Makc wrote:
> I have been always of opinion that getting content is more of a
> problem than getting it to play, one way or another :p
Lol :P

>> You need to upgrade/install the binary codecs package.
>> Go to http://www.mplayerhq.hu/dload.html
>
> Have you tried the above?
The CoreAVC is not available in the package, it's just a default
suggestion when a codec fails.

MPlayer wasn't able to use fancy DirectShow filter decoders. A set of
CoreAVC specific patches provided by Alan Nisota partly did the trick
and I was simply wondering if there is a chance to err push things a bit :)

Interestingly, I somehow missed the whole discussion about lavdopts
fast=1 and skiploopfilter=all, perhaps it would be enough to play my
movies with libavcodec... will try to do that as soon as I get back home :)

A.