[MPlayer-users] re-ordering or selecting elementary streams

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Wed Jul 4 18:18:46 CEST 2007

lartc wrote:
> hi all,
>
> thanks for a really fantastic program ...
>
> i'm trying to find the correct syntax to dump only a few of the
> available elementary streams in a transport stream (dvd):
>
> i've got a rendering client that's *dumb* and only plays the the first
> mpgv video stream and the first audio stream that it finds (typically
> es=1).
>
> i'd like only to select es=0 and es=2 and have them written to a new
> transport stream ... (if i use -dumpstream with -alang, the resulting ts
> is in the same order as the original and contains all the es's ...)
>
> is this possible?

Yup.

I use -dumpvideo and -dumpaudio to dump the video/audio stream I want,
then use mplex (part of mpeg-tools) to put them back together into a new
vob.

mplayer devs will be quick to point out that -dumpvideo and -dumpaudio
are for testing purposes only and should not be used this way, but it
just happens to work well with simple mpeg files.  I think the correct
way to do this otherwise would be to use mncocder with -oac and -ovc
options set to copy

You can also use VLC to dump a stream with just the audio/video track
you want.