[MPlayer-users] You guys ROCK!!!

CD Baric cdbaric at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 18:37:56 CEST 2007

On 7/6/07, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 07:59:41PM -0700, CD Baric wrote:
> [...]
> > Long story short, I was reviewing my /usr/local/mplayer/mplayer.conf
> > and came across  monitor aspect. I did a quick calculation and changed
> > it from 4:5 to 1.5 and Joy of Joys all is well.

> Nowadays the default is monitorpixelaspect=1 so this kind of change
> should not be necessary anymore with LCDs.

Right you are.

I just commented out the monitoraspect=1.5 directive and all is perfect.

Thanks for that.

> [...]
> > One last thought - when can we expect mplayer 1.0? No Pressure! 8^)

> The plan was after full dvdnav support, but very few of the main
> developers are working on that so it progresses much slower than hoped.
> Well, and rc2 was planned for last year, too. I guess we lack a real
> release manager ;-)

You know, I don't require the dvdnav feature - I don't even use a GUI
much preferring the command line.

If I really need DVD Navigation I fire up xine but that is very rare.

Perhaps attention could be focused on an effective GUI - the present
setup is extremely flawed.

Best regards,

CD 'Bar' Baric