[MPlayer-users] mplayer/realplayer and rtsp: more weirdness

Roberto Togni rxt at rtogni.it
Tue Jul 17 20:58:49 CEST 2007

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:18:44 -0400
josh at techlab.cviatlanta.org wrote:

> Hi, thanks for the fix with the smil over rtsp.  One thing though, mplayer seems to be playing a different video than
> realplayer using the same url
> rtsp://gamma.rootvision.net/xxc17.smil
> try both and you will see what I mean.  Could it be that this server expects to see realplayer and reacts differently
> with a different client?

No, it's because that smil file contains an additional parameter to
give a start time int the movie, but MPlayer ignores it (the smil
parser is very essential, it just extract audio and video sources and
ignore everything else). I'll check how hard is to add it.

The complete line is
<video src='rtsp://gamma.rootvision.net/1.rm' title=' '
clip-begin='53m:80s' fill='freeze' region='aregion'/>
MPlayer just parses the src= part. The start time part is the
clip-begin= attribute.

Now you can try this
mplayer "rtsp://video.rootvision.net/1.rm?start=53:80"
it should work ok.

Ciao,
 Roberto