[MPlayer-users] MPEG2 audio video synchronisation

Vinod Madhav Joshi vinodjoshi at tataelxsi.co.in
Wed Jul 25 12:07:01 CEST 2007

>If you have correct timestamps in the stream received by the server
>mplayer will take care of the sync provided that the demuxer you use
>(btw, what kind of stream is it? )

I am receiving Demuxed elenentary streams(audio and video of MPEG Program
Stream).

>assigns those timestamps to the
>demux_packetS
>sent to demuxer->video and demuxer->audio.

 I am receiving the audio and video elementary streams on
 different ports with their respective timestamps(Initial
 timestamp will be random and different for both Audio and Video)

 In this case how to synchronize audio and video?

 In the mplayer source code i am not able to differentiate
 the sync provided for streams stored on hard disc(PS or TS)
 and that received from network.

 In case of MPEG Program stream or Transport stram the PES will contain
 the PTS values for audio and video.

 But in case of elementary streams how the sync is provided by mplayer?

 Thank You.