[MPlayer-users] __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=1 doesn't work

Wed Jul 25 19:22:40 CEST 2007

Hi Reimar Döffinger!

 On 2007.07.25 at 17:31:14 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote next:

> > Isn't it nvidia-only too?
>
> Certainly not, the extension is named GLX_SGI_swap_control, so at least
> some SGI stuff will support it. And there certainly is no reason why
> everyone else could not support it.

It was supposed to be a joke. Like, what's the difference between
vendor-specific extension and "standart" extension not supported by some
vendor(s), when the number of vendors is very few.

> I simplified things a bit and considered a missing GLX_SGI_swap_control
> as "your OpenGL does not fully support vsync".

np, just please don't oversimplify it, it sounds almost like "you won't
get vsync in mplayer", when general vsync control and application-driven
are different beasts.

--

Vladimir