[MPlayer-users] compiling svn with dvdnav support

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Fri Jul 27 09:38:00 CEST 2007

William Norfleet wrote:

>3.  Run ./configure.  Documentation regarding which options should be passed is not
>consistent.  "./configure -help" reveals a --disable-dvdnav option, but perhaps
>--enable-dvdnav is necessary.  The html manual mentions --disable-mpdvdkit, but
>./configure won't accept that.  One of many sets of options I have tried is:
>	./configure --prefix=$HOME/mplayer/ --enable-xmms --enable-gui --enable-largefiles
>--enable-dvdnav
>
>The resulting ./configure output includes:
>

>>Checking for DVD support (libdvdnav) ... ./configure: line 7302: dvdnav-config: command not found
>>./configure: line 7304: dvdnav-config: command not found
>>./configure: line 7305: dvdnav-config: command not found
>>yes

dvdnav-config will be in your path after you install dvdnav
(make && make install in libdvdnav/) ;
moreover, you don't need to mess with those options, at most
you can choose if you want to compile the internal or the external dvdread
(the external one is better because more up to date)

>Almost certainly, the answer is staring me in the face, but I don't recognize it.  One
>obvious clue concerns "dvdnav-config".  The documentation included in libdvdnav is not
>immediately helpful to one with my (dis)abilities.  I can find no such file in the
>libdvdnav source tree.  But I'll bet it's important.

no documentation can replace some common sense