[MPlayer-users] Slave mode: brightness/contrast/volume from start of file?

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Fri Jul 27 18:18:13 CEST 2007

Hi,

While I'm on a roll, a somewhat easier question - easier I suspect in that
it's probably a straight "no".

I've written code that allows me to fade-in audio and video by manipulating
brightness, saturation and volume. But in slave mode, mplayer seems to
discard these settings between files, so I have to load the file, then, if I
want it to fade in, I have to set the brightness to -100. This is ideally in
the wrong order; it means I see a flash-frame blip of the first few frames
of the file before mplayer acts on the set_brightness command, which is
unattractive. The same applies to my seeking to a point halfway through the
file - I always see the first few frames of the start of the file before the
command takes effect.

Can anyone suggest a workaround for this?

Thanks,

Phil