[MPlayer-users] Requesting: more aggressive a/v sync checks for mplayer

Alexander Wehr plasmacutter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 11:42:57 CEST 2007

While my computer is far from underpowered, I've recently started
running into video files which tax my computer's resources ever so
slightly. (720p+)

I've noticed when this happens and i also turn on post processing or
other VF's i end up with loss of A/V sync.

Compare this to vlc, which will play back the same vid with max post
processing with no such sync problems and without so much as a hiccup
on the frame rates.

I get a "not enough power" message in the terminal window with
mplayer... since vlc works off a similar code base i can only assume
vlc has found better ways in which the player could "give" when
chafing against a resource cap.

I have no idea exactly how to request better a/v sync checks (or
otherwise fixing of this issue).. so i figured i'd post here to both
get the word out and get some possible feedback to stop this issue.