[MPlayer-users] ./configure can't find Win32 Audio codecs

Phil Oleynik oleynik.phil at mail.ioffe.ru
Sun Jul 29 12:44:27 CEST 2007

Masaru Nomiya wrote:

>Phil> do you use something like
>
>Phil> export CC="gcc -m32"
>Phil> export CXX="g++ -m32"
>
>Phil> before running configure? If not, configure will not enable loading of
>Phil> 32-bit libs from win32.
>Phil> It is also useful to say something --target=athlon to configure. To use
>Phil> sound, video, etc, you will need 32-bit libs installed also.
>
>Thanks for your advice.
>
>You are talking of Cross Compilatin, aren't you?
>It's a little bit troublesome for me.

Yes, I am talking about making 32-bit executable mplayer binary on
64-bit machine. It is kind of cross compiling, but not so complex one.
Just use mentioned option and set environment before building. Most of
mplayer features are internal, so to play only audio you will not need
to have X libs in 32 bits, or something like fontconfig and freetype.
Look what is missing after configure and add it from your distro.
Usually all the 32-bit stuff exists in 64bit distros (except Slamd64,
but you use Suse as I see).

best regards, Philipp