[MPlayer-users] aac/dual core problems

Philip Schierholz 17minus3 at gmx.de
Mon Jul 30 21:28:23 CEST 2007

Hello!

I've got two questions about mencoder:

1. I'm using mplayer to transcode a demultiplexed mpeg2 file. The input stream formats are *.m2v for video and *.mp2 for audio. The output file should be a *.mp4 container with a x264 video and aac audio stream. The x264 transcoding is working well but i've got some problems with the aac codec, using the option -oac faac. the mencoder is running but all players I tried (vlc player, mplayer, windows media player, quicktime player) told me they found an unknown audio codec.

I tried to transcode the files seperately (video with mencoder, audio with the faac programm) to multiplex both streams with mp3box, but the audio transcoding doesn't work. the faac program told me "could'n open input file". the transcoding with an wave file worked.

my question: how can I use faac for audio, prefered with mencoder? do i need a special compiled version of mplayer with aac codec or are there special parameters i need to use for compiling mplayer to include aac?

2. My encoding server is a xeon dual core maschine but I'm not quite sure how to tell mencoder to use both cores. I know the autothread option für x264 decoding. Is there any option to use both cores for divX encoding? Is there to posibility tell mencoder which core he should use for which encoding?

i hope someone can help me!

i prefer answers in german but english will do it as well ;-)

Greetings Philip