[MPlayer-users] Documentation ... gif89a .... incorrect

Zach fantasysportswire at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 2 06:30:06 CEST 2007

Documentation states:

***
NOTE: You must specify the framerate before the filename or the framerate will be part of the
filename.

EXAMPLE:

mplayer video.nut −vo gif89a:fps=15.0:filename=test.gif
***

Though you run that and you get

***
Could not parse arguments at the position indicated below:
fps=15.0:filename=test.gif
         ^

-vo gif89a command line help:
Example: mplayer -vo gif89a:output=file.gif:fps=4.9

  output=<filename>
    Specify the output file.  The default is out.gif.
  fps=<rate>
    Specify the target framerate.  The default is 5.0.

Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.
***

Not a real big deal because you are obviously corrected right away ...

(though I have been able to get it to actually give me a gif file that is anything more than
transparent image with a black (with jumbled colors intermixed) strip on the top 10 percent or so)