[MPlayer-users] Requested Feature

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Mon Jun 4 00:59:57 CEST 2007

Compn wrote:
>> Although not possible during playback, use expand/crop/scale to
>> add/remove borders and resize the image to any size you want.
>
> look at -panscan ?

Without using -panscanrange, you can only remove black borders, with
4x3-Movies you can't do anything at all (if you have a 4x3-Display), and
you can't pan around in the image, it only zooms into the center of the
image, so no, -panscan is not really an option. Something like a
joystick where you can move around and zoom in/out would be needed,
though who would do such a thing during watching a movie? this are some
tools for professional film editing, and I highly doubt someone would do
that with mplayer... AVID anyone?