[MPlayer-users] error converting from real media

Roberto Togni rxt at rtogni.it
Thu Jun 7 21:09:39 CEST 2007

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 18:45:52 +0200
"info at danielerossi.net" <info at danielerossi.net> wrote:

> I have a real player file witch run under Media Player Classic ("real
> alternative" installed)
> but  not with mplayer.
> The file is under the URL:
>
> rtsp://helix.btrichmedia.com/tate/standard/olafur_eliasson/olafur_eliasson.rm

Plays ok here

> With Mplayer I can't play the file, or transcode it with mencoder.
> I've tried as well via ffmpeg or VLC.

FFmpeg does not support RV30 nor sipr yet.

> Strange enough Mplayer plays other realvideo files from same site.

Any link? They probably use other codecs that does not need the
binaries.

> Any Idea?

[...]

Your MPlayer can't find the binary codecs. Check that yo placed them in
the right directory, get the windows-essential codec pack from our site
and follow the instructions in the readme.txt file, if nothing works
post the output of mplayer -v

Ciao,
 Roberto