[MPlayer-users] mencoder audio distortion on MacOSX

Lev Givon lev at columbia.edu
Fri Jun 8 20:41:40 CEST 2007

Received from Lev Givon on Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 02:39:09PM EDT:

(snip)

> Thanks for the patch; it does eliminate the scratchiness when the
> generated file is played with mplayer. However, I don't hear any audio
> output whatsoever when playing the file with quicktime player. (The
> same applies to the other RealMedia files I tested.) Perhaps the
> file's audio stream is not being properly recorded on MacOSX?
>
> $ file out.avi
> out.avi: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 400 x 300, video: DivX 5, audio:
> MPEG-1 Layer 3 (mono, 22050 Hz)
>
> Using the previously mentioned version of mencoder on Linux, the
> resulting file's identification info looks like this:
>
> $ file out.avi
> out.avi: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 400 x 300, video: DivX 5, audio:
> MPEG-1 Layer 3 (mono, 22050 Hz)
>
> 							L.G.

I meant to suggest that the file's audio stream codec identity is not
being properly recorded on MacOSX when lavc is used to encode the
audio (other audio codecs such as mp3lame do produce output files with
audio that is audible in non-mplayer media players).

							L.G.