[MPlayer-users] Can not play VC-1 file.

Wed Jun 13 23:19:23 CEST 2007

Hi Nico Sabbi!

 On 2007.06.13 at 22:58:48 +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote next:

> > what CPU do you have?  only Conroe OC 3G can play this file with
> > "-lavdopts skploopfilt=all"
> >

> my core2.duo 2.11 is not enoughh to play that content, but sync is
> neither worse nor better with -fps 25

my core 2 duo @ 3.3 can play it using 30-50% cpu for decoding (a bit
over 30% in dialog scene and up to 48-50 in those fast flashing scenes)
and 13% for rendering according to status bar, so I suspect it should be
able to decode it at 2.11.. Are you using 64-bit mplayer?

skiploopfilter=all does absolutely nothing on this file.

Anyway, I just wanted to confirm that video is badly out of sync - A-V:
and ct: grow constantly. With -fps 25, sync is perfect. A-V fluctuates
very rapidly and is pretty bad, almost between 0.1 and -0.2 but keeps
around zero, ct: growth is the same. I tried with either of playable
audio tracks (default one isn't playable).

--

Vladimir