[MPlayer-users] [BUG] oac lavc & of avi

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Jun 13 23:39:57 CEST 2007

Joey Parrish wrote:
> If I create a file with -of avi -oac lavc, something is very very
> wrong with the audio sync.  Here are some data points:
>
> When created with -oac lavc -of avi:
> * audio out of sync and restarts on seek with -demuxer avi
> * plays fine with -demuxer lavf
> * before December 29th commit by Michael to ae_lavc.c, all was fine
> (http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/libmpcodecs/ae_lavc.c?r1=21787&r2=21789&view=patch)

If you don't get a response, you may want to gently poke Michael
off-list; I don't know if he still reads mplayer-users (regularly or at
all).

Meanwhile, there are a couple things you might want to try:
- if you use the lavf muxer instead, does the resulting file work with
the native avi demuxer and the lavf demuxer?
- does reverting that patch from current svn make all the problems go away?

-Corey