[MPlayer-users] mms:// wmv file streaming

nicu no_2spam at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 05:47:56 CEST 2007

The "problem" that I have is that I can't seek in this kind of file:
/mms://82.76.253.42/arhiva/gurapresei_14_6_2007.wmv/. This is a recorded
stream and I want to skip the comercials, but the output is *stderr:
Cannot seek in this file. *I am using the latest mplayer svn version.
The thing is that VLC can seek, but can't pause the stream. The only
player the can do all is Media Player Classic, but that is on windows
and I am a happy *Ubuntu Gutsy* user for sometime now.
Thank u for all your tips and anything that can help me with my problem.