[MPlayer-users] Compile problem

Captain Blade 0blade at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 15:11:42 CEST 2007

Sorry for the late reply...

>You seem to have missed installing a few devel packages before compiling
>MPlayer, hence you only got vidix and null vo drivers.

>Without full ./configure command and its output (as well as config.log),
>it's difficult to guess.

I'm including the files...

>Is there a reason why you're not using the official RPM packages? They
>are available for Fedora 7, too, you know.

Technically... it is not in the standard packages, because in US mpeg play
is patented. There is a non-official package "livna" which includes it,
but when I try to install it I get:
--> Running transaction check
---> Package mplayer.i386 0:1.0-0.76.20070612svn.lvn7 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: libmpcdec.so.3 for package: mplayer
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

... and I already have libmpcdec-devel.i386 installed.
So I was stuck installing it, so I downloaded the sources to compile
it myself...

Blade