[MPlayer-users] -af volume

Media Streaming Services mediastream at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 18:39:17 CEST 2007

Alexander Roalter wrote:

>> it mentions in the manual that once "-af volume=[v[:sc]]" is used, it
>> is supposed to report overall maximum sound level and print. I've
>> tried "-msglevel all=9" but still don't see the volume levels report.
>> Is it the last field XX% on each frame??
>
>If I'm not at all mistaken (cannot test it from here), the last field is
>the playback speed, not the volume. If I play my PAL movies at 24fps,
>the line says 0.96%, which is 24/25.
>
>--
>cheers,
>Alex

I see, thanks Alex. But I still do not see the volume level report.
The glitch I've notice is that mencoder's "-af volnorm" encodes first
second or so at original volume level, then it boost/lowers the volume
based on target aplitude (I assume). It doesn't sound very smooth  :(
So I want mencoder to report vol level on 1st pass, and on second pass
a bash script will generate "-af volume=xx:xx" based on it.

Thank you.
Dennis.