[MPlayer-users] Movie Duration

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Jun 19 13:07:41 CEST 2007

Alexander Roalter wrote:

> info at danielerossi.net wrote:

> In contrast to the current playtime, which is not always reliable (as
> in DVDs it often resets once during playback), I did never find the
> total runtime wrong yet.

I've seen it happen - I remember files with a claimed length of 17
minutes which were significantly shorter (~3 minutes), and files with a
claimed length of 10 minutes which were significantly longer. (These are
OSD display numbers.) This almost certainly depends on the information
in the container.

...if I run across those files again, it might be worth providing them
as samples in case the detection can be fixed.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.