[MPlayer-users] Filenames with characters from different alphabets

Pepe rvm3000 at ya.com
Wed Jun 20 03:30:43 CEST 2007

I'm developing a front-end for MPlayer (http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/).
I'm having problems in Windows to pass to MPlayer filenames which contain
characters from other alphabets. For instance my system is in Spanish but I
can have filenames with Chinese or Cyrillic characters, or a mix from
different alphabets.

My program reads fine those filenames but... how can I pass them to MPlayer
without losing those characters? I can pass the filename in UTF-8 but MPlayer
has to know that it's encoded in UTF-8, is there any option for changing the
input charset?

In the manual I've found −msgcharset but it seems that's for the opposite,
to write the output messages in the specified charset.

--
Pepe