[MPlayer-users] Problem with DVD playback

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Fri Jun 22 22:50:46 CEST 2007

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Alexander Roalter wrote:
>> All other things remain the same, though there's ATM (at least the last
>> time I checked) a problem with reading out the IFOs and therefore you
>> have to specify manually language and subtitles via -sid and -aid,
>> -slang and -alang won't work... Don't know when this will be fixed.
>>

> -alang and -slang are supposed to work; elaborate, please

I'm using a fresh SVN and fresh dvdnav2 (r940), internal dvdread and dvdcss.

when playing a DVD, I get the following:

[snip]
Playing dvdnav://5.
get_path('sub/') -> '/home/alex/.mplayer/sub/'
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 0.2.1cvs from http://dvd.sf.net
libdvdnav: DVD Title: MONTY_PYTHONS_FLYING_CIRCUS_S3
libdvdnav: DVD Serial Number: 3630340a
libdvdnav: DVD Title (Alternative):
libdvdnav: Unable to find map file
'/home/alex/.dvdnav/MONTY_PYTHONS_FLYING_CIRCUS_S3.map'
libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00e50000. Regions:
2 4 5
INIT ERROR: -621144, couldn't get init pos New position not yet determined.
Remember to disable MPlayer's cache when playing dvdnav:// streams
(adding -nocache to your command line)
STREAM: [null] dvdnav://5
STREAM: Description: DVDNAV stream
STREAM: Author:
STREAM: Comment:
DVDNAV, switched to title: 4

DVDNAV, NEW TITLE 5
system stream synced at 0xD (13)!
==> Found video stream: 0
MPEG-PS file format detected.
==> Found audio stream: 128
Searching for sequence header... OK!
VIDEO:  MPEG2  720x576  (aspect 2)  25.000 fps  9800.0 kbps (1225.0 kbyte/s)
[V] filefmt:2  fourcc:0x10000002  size:720x576  fps:25.00  ftime:=0.0400
[snap]

and specifying -alang en or -alang de on another disc (the example above
has only english)  plays only german all the time (which is the first
audio stream it finds).

I though can toggle through with the '#'-Button (but only after my dirty
hack on it - see older posting), but with -slang en I don't get any
subtitles. Only specifying e.g. -sid 10, I then can toggle through all
the subtitles up until 10, but the osd always says: unknown. Therefore I
concluded that mplayer with this dvdnav is currently not able to read
the audio/subtitle track information at all. There may well be other
causes for this behaviour though...

--
Cheers,
Alex