[MPlayer-users] Pan&Scan on 16:9-displays

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Sun Jun 24 01:42:02 CEST 2007

RC wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 20:33:55 +0200
> Alexander Roalter <alex at roalter.it> wrote:
>
>> c) zoom in on mplayer with the w/e keys (which is not possible ATM).
>
> Yes, yes it is.
>
> man mplayer
> /panscanrange

Yes, but it is not the same as with widescreen movie cropping on a
4:3-display. What maximum zoom factor should I specify on my special
case then? On the first case I don't have to care about it: panscan 0 is
the film as it is, panscan 1 is the movie fitted for 4:3.

When movieaspect is 16:9, the following should apply: panscan 0 is the
video as it is, panscan 1 is the movie fitted for 16:9 (cropped on the
top in this case). now I could calculate around for what factor would be
the correct one to achieve this. I need to specify panscanrange -0.35 to
get to this result. With 4:3 output this is too much, since it zooms in
a bit too narrow.

--
Cheers,
Alex