[MPlayer-users] Problem with DVD playback

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 01:43:36 CEST 2007

You don't have to get it right, just try something and then check the
messages.  Look for something like I got with "Ah! My Goddess".

audio stream: 0 format: ac3 (stereo) language: en aid: 128.
audio stream: 1 format: ac3 (stereo) language: ja aid: 129.
number of audio channels on disk: 2.
subtitle ( sid ): 0 language: en
subtitle ( sid ): 1 language: en

-aid 129 gave me the Japanese language audio I wanted.  I did have to try
both sids.  -sid 1 gave me the English subtitles I was looking for.  I
haven't tried enough of these to be sure this method always works, but it
did for me.

Jack

--
English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.