[MPlayer-users] Problem with DVD playback

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Tue Jun 26 01:17:17 CEST 2007

Jack Smith wrote:
> On 6/24/07, Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
>
>>Nico Sabbi wrote:
>>

>>>Jack, a binary search to detect the version that broke playback is the
>>>best thing that you can do, immediately followed by a merciful stop of
>>>your top-posting.
>>
>>found: the regression was introduced when we switched to the mini
>>version of dvdnav (thus excluding its dvdread); evidently the
>>management of selection buttons is different, thus I have to update dvdnav
>>

> Great.  I'll wait a while, do an update on mplayer, and see what happens.
> Jack

easily fixed (almost).
download dvdnav from the repository, then run

./configure2 --with-dvdread=/usr/include/dvdread (assuming that you
installed the system-wide dvdread with prefix in /usr), then rename
src/dvdread to src/dvdread.no and run

make && make install

recompile mplayer with --disable-dvdread-internal and enjoy the
navigation.

The problem is due the messy #include directives that end up including
headers from the wrong position.

I'll come up with a cleaner fix in the next few days