[MPlayer-users] No subtitles in gmplayer under Suse10.2

Ed Vaessen evaessen at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 27 14:38:53 CEST 2007

This is the first time that I do not manage to get subtitles with
gmplayer. Though when playing, pressing "o" dus give text at the top of
the picture. I can enable or disable OSD. But if that has any connection
with subtitles?
The error message when starting gmpleyer contains the following:

myhome/.mplayer/subfont.ttf doesn't look like a bitmap font description,
ignoring.
Cannot load bitmap font: myhome/.mplayer/subfont.ttf

I also have the impression that things have changed laterly since there
seems to be no directory myhome/.mplayer/fonts

I use SuSE10.2 and got mplayer from the Packman repository:

MPlayer-1.0rc1try3-1.pm.1.i586.rpm (installed size 35.01 MB)

Ed