[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-users Digest, Vol 42, Issue 69

Kev Beeley kevb at itsamouse.com
Wed Jun 27 18:33:50 CEST 2007

> Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 17:50:47 +0200
> From: "Guillaume POIRIER" <poirierg at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] OS X Compilation errors in libavcodec
>
> On 6/26/07, Kev Beeley <kevb at itsamouse.com> wrote:
>> Afternoon!
>>
>> I've held off on this a while to see if an SVN update may have cured
>> it, but there doesn't seem to have been any luck.
>>
>> Building on OS X 10.4.10, using MacPorts for FontConfig, though this
>> is irrelevant for the problem I'm experiencing....
>
> It's irrelevant, but IMHO it's the best way to install it. That's the
> way I do it, so you can expect that it's supported ;-)

Very true, and since I tend to use Softsubs a lot, Fontconfig and
Freetype are rather important!

> No problem here with this version of gas:
> as -version
> Apple Computer, Inc. version cctools-622.5.obj~13, GNU assembler
> version 1.38
>
> If this version doesn't match yours, please download latest Xcode.

You are very right!  I had a quick check, and I was using an outdated
version of XCode.  1Gb of downloading later, and everything compiled
fine.

> Shouldn't be necessary: Please update your copy of Xcode, retry and
> come back to us.

Everything worked fine, and I now have a version which doesn't
require the MAD MP3 audio library any more.  Thank you very much for
your help!

Now to learn a bit of XCode and see if I can tinker with the MPlayer
OS X front-end.

Cheers,

Kev